Laura Voght – Associate
Laura Voght is an award-winning trial attorney and is actively involved in the legal profession at both national and local levels. She has extensive experience handling cases involving complex medical issues. She represents clients in catastrophic personal injury cases involving medical malpractice, wrongful death and products liability.
Laura has held several leadership positions with the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, currently serving as the Co-Chair of Community Outreach and previously as the Women’s Caucus Delegate to the American Association for Justice. On a national level, she Co-Chairs both the Stroke Litigation and Elevator & Escalator Injury Litigation Groups of the American Association for Justice.
In 2021, Laura received the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Community Service Award for her work in supporting the Georgia courts system during the COVID-19 pandemic. In that same year, she founded Mask Up Georgia, a joint effort between the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, and State Bar of Georgia Foundation to provide face masks and PPE to Georgia courthouses. (To read more about Mask Up Georgia, click here.)
Laura believes her contributions to the larger legal system benefits all parties and helps ensure fairness and justice are achieved.
“I strongly believe that a well-functioning legal system requires not only lawyers doing great individual work, but also a sharing in a commitment to furthering the broader goals of access, fairness, and opportunities for justice.”- Laura Voght
Laura has been named to the list of Thomson Reuters’ Georgia Super Lawyers each of the past six years, an honor reserved for 5% of the practicing Bar. She also maintains a 10/10 rating from Avvo as well as membership in the National Trial Lawyers Top 25 – Medical Malpractice Attorneys. A highly sought-after speaker on topics involving best practices in complex litigation and trial strategy, Laura has presented to colleagues at events sponsored by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education-Georgia, the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and Mass Torts Made Perfect.
Laura earned her Juris Doctor from Mercer University Law School and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Central Florida. She also received a certificate in Comparative Law from Oxford University. Laura is licensed to practice law in Georgia, Florida, and Alabama.
In her spare time, Laura enjoys spending time with family and her Jack Russell Terrier, Ella.
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Brain Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing Home Litigation
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers Honoree , Thomson Reuters (6 years)
- Community Service Award, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers – Georgia
- Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association, Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyers – Georgia
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star Honoree, Thomson Reuters (9 years)
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Central Florida, B.A.
- Oxford University, Comparative Law Certificate
Professional Leadership Positions
- Co-Chair of Community Outreach, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2022
- Delegate, Women’s Caucus, American Association for Justice
- Co-Chair, Stroke Litigation Group, American Association for Justice
- Co-Chair, Elevator & Escalator Accident Injury Litigation Group, American Association for Justice
- Founder, Mask Up Georgia
Memberships & Affiliations
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers
- Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Savannah Bar Association
- Dunwoody Bar Association
- Society of Women Trial Lawyers
- Pound Civil Justice Institute