Phil Henry – Of Counsel
For nearly forty years, attorney Phil Henry has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to both his clients’ success and excellence in the practice of law. He is recognized nationally for his ability to produce multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements in the most challenging cases. However, Phil may be more known for his reputation for high ethics, superior preparation, and ability to connect with juries in cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
Read the Article: One of the Last Southern Gentlemen, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013
A native of Lafayette, Georgia, Phil graduated with high honors from The University of Georgia in 1975 and with honors from Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in 1978. He began his career with an insurance defense firm where he gained valuable experience and insight into how large corporations and insurance companies defend accident lawsuits and wrongful death cases. Since 1986, Phil has limited his practice solely to representing individuals and families with claims against corporations, insurance companies, and healthcare providers.
Phil is an elected member of The American College of Trial Lawyers, a prestigious national organization limited to the top 1% of trial attorneys from each state. He has been named to Best Lawyers in America for 21 consecutive years, and was chosen as the 2013 “Lawyer of the Year” in the Atlanta Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice category. For six consecutive years, Phil was designated a “Top Ten” attorney in the state of Georgia by Super Lawyers, and was recently honored as one of the state’s Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine. Phil was the recipient of the 2017 Tradition of Excellence Award, Plaintiff Attorney, from the General Practice and Trial Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
In addition, Phil is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible peer review rating available for both legal ability and ethical standards, and he holds a 10.0/10.0 rating from AVVO.
He is a frequent speaker on best practices for winning serious injury and death cases, and is often referred matters by other attorneys who recognize his ability to produce superior results for clients through settlement or trial.
- Medical Malpractice
- Brain Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Trucking Accidents
- Defective Products
- Negligent Security & Premises Liability
Honors & Awards
- Civility & Professionalism Award, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association/Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Tradition of Excellence Award, State Bar of Georgia
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America Honoree (Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, 2013)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Georgia Legal Awards, Daily Report/ALM
- Georgia Super Lawyer Top 10 List (8 years) , Thomson Reuters
- Georgia Super Lawyer Top 100 List (14 years), Thomson Reuters
- Georgia Super Lawyer (18 years), Thomson Reuters
- Rated 10.0/10.0, AVVO
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- The American College of Trial Lawyers
- Hospital Faces Only $4.5M in $36M Verdict Over Botched Surgery, Daily Report (November 2015)
- Guest, Atlanta Legal Experts Radio Show (September 2015)
- One of the Last Southern Gentlemen, Super Lawyers Magazine (Cover 2013)
- Tuxedo or Table Saws, Daily Report (December 2013)
- Boutique Firm Wins Back to Back Cases, Daily Report (February 2009)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Shepherd Center